Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Blog 7 Frame

Some concepts that I am using to help make sense of my project are the terms "Student-athlete" and "amateurism". I am using these terms because they are crucial components when debating the topic of whether or not college athletes should be paid. These terms are created and used by the NCAA for their own benefit to keep control on how things are run in their association and it has gotten them out of legal issues as well. A small story that I am going to incorporate into my paper is about how the NCAA created the term "student-athlete" back in the 50's to get out of having to give employee compensation to an athlete for injuries he sustained playing football. I will also break down what is considered to be the "Principle of Amateurism" as defined by the NCAA, and how they actually go against the very statement that they provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment